This magical duo that first detoxes and then recharges.
“Using the Purifying Green Clay Mask really helps with gunk that I get in my pores on and around my nose, as well as calms active breakouts. The following morning, they are practically non-existent. I use MBGM when I feel like my skin needs an extra pick me up. If my skin is feeling dry, dull, and looks like it lacking luster, I love to steam my face with this mask (literally makes me feel like I'm in a spa). Skin immediately looks and feels softer and brighter. Sometimes I use these masks apart and sometimes I use them together. One thing for sure is I’m not going a week without using either!”
– Búsola (founder & owner of Itoju Ara)
Other Star Ingredients:
- Mulberry powder is known to accelerate cell regeneration, lighten dark spots caused by aging and excess sun-exposure, even the skin, and enhance elasticity and flexibility (which is great for anti-aging).
- Due to its antibacterial properties, Moringa Powder is helpful in preventing and treating acne breakouts, removing blemishes, and tackling blackheads.
- Watermelon Powder is a powerful antioxidant that is rich in vitamin C, amino acids, and lycopene (great for sun-damaged skin). This amazing ingredient is known to promote cell regeneration, cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize.
The Mulberry Buckthorn Gel Mask (MBGM) is star on her own (she looks good and smells good). She was formulated to give a luminous and radiant complexion. A smoother and softer appearance (and feel) is noticed immediately after you first use it!
- One highlighted ingredient that both masks have in common is mulberry. The MBGM contains mulberry in extract form versus the powder form. Ayurverdic and Chinese medicine have used mulberry traditionally for centuries. Studies have shown that mulberry extract inhibits excess melanin production. This antioxidant-rich ingredient contains a ton a vitamins: vitamin A, C, E, and Riboflavin which are highly beneficial vitamins for the skin. Overall, mulberry extract is known for its natural skin brightening properties and its ability to help fade dark spots and excess pigmentation.
- The other star ingredient of is sea buckthorn. High in vitamin C, sea buckthorn extract helps lighten hyperpigmentation. An antioxidant that is found in this extract is gallocatechins (catechins). These are immensely effective against the production of excess melanin, inflammatory issues, and oxidative stress.